Kids Free in October, presented by ScholarShare, California’s 529 College Savings Plan, will offer San Diegans and tourists the opportunity to visit more museum destinations than ever before.
This annual program created by the San Diego Museum Council, provides free admission for kids 12 and under at 40 arts, cultural, and science museums in San Diego County.
Remember, you need one coupon per museum visit, so download additional copies. One coupon is good for up to two free child admissions with one full-price paid adult admission.
Kids are free in San Diego again this year! During the entire month of October, kids eat, stay and play for free throughout San Diego.
Take advantage of great deals at more than 100 participating partners and get ready for the ultimate family vacation. Explore the hidden treasures of the ocean or the far reaches of outer space. Delve into local history, visual arts, botanic gardens, scientific wonders – and more!
- Barona Cultural Center & Museum
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- Cabrillo National Monument
- California Center for the Arts Museum
- California Surf Museum
- Coronado Museum of History & Art
- Fleet Science Center (excludes films and The Art of the Rock)
- Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum
- Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House
- Heritage of the Americas Museum
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- La Jolla Historical Society
- Living Coast Discovery Center
- Lux Art Institute
- Maritime Museum of San Diego
- Marston House Museum & Gardens
- Mingei International Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
- Museum of Making Music
- Museum of Photographic Art
- Oceanside Museum of Art
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Archaeological Center
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Botanic Garden
- San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum
- San Diego Chinese Historical Museum
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Natural History Museum (theNAT)
- Serra Museum
- The New Children’s Museum
- The San Diego Museum of Art
- The Water Conservation Garden
- Tijuana Estuary Visitor Center
- Timken Museum of Art
- USS Midway Museum
- Veterans Museum at Balboa Park
- Visions Art Museum
- Warner-Carrillo Ranch House
- Women’s Museum of California
Instead of driving, the Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) invites families to take public transit. On Saturday and Sunday two children (12 and under) ride free with a paid adult and children five and under ride free with adults all the time.
* The coupon allows up to two children 12 and under to get in FREE with one full-price paid adult. Children must be accompanied by the adult during the visit. This coupon cannot be used for specially ticketed events, Maker Faire San Diego, special exhibitions/exhibits, field trips or group visits. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer or discount. No cash value. Coupon is valid October 1-31, 2016.