Be a Smart Consumer ~ Be a Smart Eater!
Understanding Food Labels
Is the Beginning of Healthy Eating
HHACS will host a public community workshop to provide information about FDA food labeling regulations and other related subjects to the regulated industry, particularly small businesses and startups.
Bring your food labels in to this interactive workshop! Professional Dietitian Hazel Ng will walk through a Nutrition Facts label, explain the basics of organic and conventional produce, and discuss how to prepare quick and nutritious family meals.
By the end of the workshop you’ll:
Know the nutrient guidelines for healthy eating
- Understnad how to plan a balanced family meal
- Decipher the myth of today’s nutrition concerns of children
- Understand how to spot a whole grain and a processed, refined grain
- Recognize common sugars and additives in food products
- Discern between organic conventional produce
- Bring your food labels in for evaluation
Date: Saturday, April 16
Time: 9:45am ~ 11:00am
Place: Hacienda Heights Area Chinese School, 16333 Cedarlane Dr., Room# A3，Hacienda Heights CA 91745
Seats are limited, please RSVP (626) 589-1847 或 firstname.lastname@example.org