In the Mood For: Snuggling with a Story
Nothing is better than snuggling up with a good book and your favorite tiny valentine. Attend a story time event at one of the following locations:
- Bookworm Stories at the Arboretum
- Family story time at the Central Library
- LACMA story time is in the Children’s Boone Gallery every Friday and Monday.
- Vroman’s has story time with Mr. Steve every Saturday (and Wednesday).
- Children’s Book World has both an author story time and a book launch the weekend before Valentine’s Day, and an author talk on V-Day itself.
- There’s a combo story time and bubble playdate on Valentine’s Day at Books & Cookies.
- You can spend Valentine’s Day in Little Owls Reading Nest at Descanso.
- And cuddle with your youngest book lover at baby story time at the Beverly Hills library.
photo: The Smithsonian Museum
In the Mood For: A Classic Love Story
Start the evening off with a spaghetti dinner at home and then take the whole family to see the sweetly romantic story of two dogs in love at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood. Shows February 10-19, multiple showings per day. Event details.
Love Is…DIY Crafts!
- Saturday, February 11
- Location: Museum Shop Foyer, 919 S. Grand Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90015
- Be our Valentine and make a card for someone you love! Valentine treats will be served.
In the Mood For: Belly Laughs and Slam Dunks
The Harlem Globetrotters’ dribbling and dunking wizardry cracks kids up and gets them excited about sports in a whole new way. Everyone in the family loves the Globetrotters, so it’s a great multi-generational family outing. The Globetrotters are at the Anaheim Honda Arena on February 11 and at the Staples Center on February 19.
photo: The Harlem Globetrotters
In the mood for: DIY, Eating and Watch Fireworks
City of El Monte is have a firework show in Arceo Park, El Monte, CA on February 11 at 9:30PM. There will also be kids zone for your little sweetie to do DIY, Tang Yuan and play arcade games. Watching fireworks with your loved ones should be the most romantic moment ever.
** Sources are from http://redtri.com/los-angeles/be-my-valentine-8-valentines-day-activities-for-los-angeles-kids-3/slide/7