華 埠 炮 竹 跑
Los Angeles Chinatown Firecracker Run – Register now!
On your mark, get set, GO!! 農曆新年最想做的事是什麼？小編就說想吃、吃跟吃了啦！但吃完也要做一下運動才夠健康～～所以一家大小到中國城報名參加一年一度的《炮竹跑》親子同跑活動就對了！！
除了讓你以健康的步伐為新春踏出第一步，當天活動更是極具特色，開步前先點燃上萬條鞭炮、加上大型舞獅、各類精彩新春活動和豐富禮物包，更有趣的是：你可以全家總動員一起穿costume。絕對能讓一家大小體驗一個活力充沛又精神飽滿的新春雞年，別忘記，當天也有適合大人的 5K 跑喔！
Kiddie Run Info
Event begins with warm up exercises and a short discussion about exercising and the importance of reading. The course features a turnaround at Bishops Road, then back to the official finish line. Upon crossing the finish line, each runner will be given a commemorative finisher medal, and then directed to a carnival in the Kiddie Run area for all registered Kiddie Run participants from 7-11 AM, with carnival games, facepainting, petting zoo, puppet show, etc. A goodie bag awaits all Kiddie Run registrants.
Parents may accompany their child.
- All participants will receive an ultra-soft, ultra-comfy premium short sleeve t-shirt.
- Opening ceremonies for the 5/10K Run/Walk and Bike Ride include the lighting of firecrackers.
- 5K and 10K runs are chip timed for fast & accurate results.
- Medal to the overall male and female winners in the 5K and 10K runs.
- Medal to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each age category.
- Finisher’s Medal.
- Free carbo load meal (Saturday, February 11, 2017).
- Goodie bag.
- Refreshments at the Start/Finish and along the Course.
- Admission to the Firecracker Festival, featuring live entertainment and vendors.
- Free bag check available to all bikers
- Carnival games and petting zoo for Kiddie Run participants.
- One free beer to all registered participants 21+ years of age.
5/10K Run/Walk or 20mi/30mi+ Bike Ride:
- Early: $35 (thru 9/5/16)
- Regular: $40 (9/6/16 – 12/04/16)
- Late: $45 (12/05/16 – 2/05/17)
- On-Site: Starting at $55 (2/11/17 – 2/12/17)
- Early: $15 (thru 9/5/16)
- Regular: $20 (9/6 – 12/4/16)
- Late: $25 (12/05 – 2/05/17)
- On-Site: Starting at $25 (2/11 – 2/12/17)
T-Shirt Sizing (Unisex)
Rooster Design. Contemporary, slim fit. For a more relaxed fit, it is recommended to order a size up. Adult Chest Sizing*:
- XS (31″ – 34″)
- S (34″ – 37″)
- M (38″ – 41″)
- L (42″ – 45″)
- XL (46″ – 49″)
- 2XL (50″ – 53″)
- 3XL (54″ – 57″)
Youth Chest Sizing*:
- M (31.5″ – 33.5″)
- L (33.5″ – 35.5″)
*All measurements are approximate.
943 N. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90012 (For mapping purposes use)
Please observe the parking time limit on the parking meters in Chinatown on Saturday. The meters will be enforced. A better choice would be to come to the Ride on the Metro Gold Line. The Chinatown Metro Station is a block away from the start of the Ride. Bag check is free and will be available for all registered riders.
All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. You may not alter, reproduce, give or sell your number to another individual – doing so will result in your disqualification as well as the participant who uses your race number. The entry fee for this year’s event will NOT transfer to next year’s event, no exceptions. This policy stays in effect whether you are injured, have an unexpected business or family emergency, pregnancy, etc. There are NO exceptions. Any inquiry regarding this policy will be directed back to this page. There is NO rain date, We Go Rain or Shine.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
SATURDAY February 20th, 2016
7:30 am Bike on-site registration begins9:00 am Opening Ceremonies include: Firecrackers, Lion Dancers9:00 am 30 miles Bike Ride9:15 am 20 miles Bike Ride10am-2pm Carbo-Load meal for registered runners10am-3pm Firecracker Runner Packet Pick-up10am-4pm Firecracker Festival* / ***If you registered for Sunday’s races there’s a carbo-load lunch today that’s included with your registration
SUNDAY February 21st, 2016
6:00 am Late registration opens, Pre-registration pick-up7:30 am Opening Ceremonies include: 100,000 Firecrackers, Lion Dancers, Clippers Spirit Team, DJ Shy8:00 am 5k Run/Walk8:30 am 10k Run/Walk9:00 am 5/10k Awards Presentation9:45 am 1k Kiddie Run8:15am-12pm Firecracker Festival**